Friday, September 2, 2011

Utah Genealogical Association - Jordan River Initial Chapter Meeting

Last night I had the honor of attending the Utah Genealogical Association - Jordan River Initial Chapter Meeting at the Riverton FamilySearch Library in Riverton, Utah.  Being new to Utah, it was a great way for me to meet other genealogists in the area.  It is five minutes from my house and I couldn't think of any else I would rather do on a Thursday night.

The guest speaker was Barry J. Ewell, who spoke on "Cut 10 Years Off Your Learning Curve."  He told us that we should focus on seeing our ancestors in the times and seasons in which they lived.  Barry was very informative and gave me ideas for expanding my own research.  I only wish I had met him 10 years ago!  A .pdf of his presentation is available by emailing Barry at bj57barry@msn.com and mentioning UGA Sep 2011 in the subject line.

Michael E. Burt, the Jordan River Chapter President, also gave us a tour of the library and meeting rooms.  The building was built by Intel and it is definitely state of the art.

The Jordan River Chapter will meet on the first Thursday of the month, except December, at 7 p.m. at the Riverton FamilySearch Library in Riverton, Utah.

I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment