Here are the facts in a nutshell:
• On 28 June 1821, Andrew Davisson was joined in the Holy State of Matrimony to Sarah Wilkinson, daughter of Charity Stout and Nathan Wilkinson. The marriage was solemnized by A.C. Holden, Minister of the Gospel, in the Simpsons Creek area of Bridgeport, Harrison County, Virginia. They had four children, Franklin, b. 1822, Nathan, b. 1828, Mary, b. 1830, and William Eldon Davisson, b. 1832.
• In the fall of 1834, Andrew loaded up his wife and kids and headed to Harrison Township, Henry County, Indiana, where he purchased land in 1839.
• Andrew’s sons, Franklin Davisson and Nathan Davisson moved on to Clinton County, Iowa in 1844.
• Andrew died 29 August 1858 and was buried in Harlan Cemetery, Brown Township, Hancock County, Indiana.
• Andrew Davisson’s will was probated in 1859, and in the codicil he mentions his “other children”: Abigail Davidson, wife of Charles Posten, Abner Davidson, and Benjamin C. Davidson. They had also been living in Clinton County, Iowa, but had preceded Andrew in death. Andrew apparently had one or two previous wives.
If you have connections to the Davisson, or Davidson line and are missing an Andrew, I would love to hear from you! If you live in Harrison County, West Virginia or Clinton County, Iowa and would like to assist me in demolishing my brick wall, I would REALLY like to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!